Welcome to the BFA Physical Education Department
The most fun you can have in a required course!
Physical Education is a required course:
- Three semesters or 1 ½ credits are required to graduate from B.F.A.
- Students may receive P.E. credit for dance class as well as P.E. class.
- All students must take one trimester of P.E.
- At the beginning of each trimester students choose what units they would like to participate in.
- There are six units per trimester, each lasting ten days. Students generally have two to three activities to choose from every unit.
- Students also have the option of taking P.E. at B.F.A. or at the Collins-Perley Sports Center, depending where the unit is being taught.
The B.F.A. physical education department’s curriculum is a standards based curriculum. It is aligned with the Vermont State Standards as well as the National Physical Education Standards.
Our assessments are also Standards Based.
Fall Trimester: Archery, Frisbee Golf, Flag Football, Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, Badminton, Team Handball, Volleyball, Wallyball.
Winter Trimester: Archery, Badminton, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Floor Hockey, Floor Hockey on Ice, Broomball, Wallyball, Ultimate Frisbee, Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Whiffle Ball.
Spring Trimester: Archery, Ultimate Frisbee, Softball, Volleyball, Badminton, Floor Hockey, Table Tennis, Indoor Soccer, Team Handball, Wallyball, Table Tennis.
Useful and fun links