NOTICE: The Maple Run Unified School Board seeks 3 parents, 3 students, 3 community members and 3 staff to participate on the School Resource Officer (SRO) Study Committee. This committee is charged with developing a well-supported, fact-based recommendation regarding the SRO position in the Maple Run Unified School District. The committee is expected to examine the SRO role in ways that may accommodate, as much as possible, the concerns of all parties with a goal of a consensus recommendation being the objective. The following questions will be answered by the Study Committee:
• What do we want the roles/responsibilities or our SROs to be?
• What roles/responsibilities are they performing now?
• Are these roles/responsibilities being met as we would like them to be?
• Who else could fulfill these and/or how else could these roles/responsibilities be met?
• What is the recommendation as to how the role/responsibilities deemed necessary are fulfilled?